Search This Blog

Friday, January 15, 2010

181.4...eh

I weighed 181.4 this morning, the same as last Friday. Wish I would have lost weight, but at least I didn’t gain! I bought a new pair of workout pants and 2 tops tonight from Target (just the same as the last ones).

FOOD – 2,209 Calories
So not a great day as far as food goes, but I kind of expected that and planned for it all week. I really try to avoid using the term ‘cheat day’ because when I think like that I just blow it and go too crazy. I do however allow myself to have days where I don’t worry about every last little calorie, and just try to make better decisions than I used to. I consider this to be part of making this transformation a lifestyle that I can stick with, permanently. Amy’s post today really hit home for me when she said she struggles with an “all or nothing mentality” when it comes to food. This is exactly the battle I fight on days like today. I knew I was going to a Mexican restaurant today and that I would be eating chips and queso with way too many calories. But the trick for me was not letting this mean that I might as well say ‘screw it’ and eat like crap for breakfast & dinner too. I also try to be strategic when I know I’m going to eat unhealthy and at least plan for it to fall during lunch vs. dinner to give myself more time to burn off some of those calories. I drank about 67 oz of water today.

So here was the birthday buffet for one of the girls in the office. We actually had some healthy options today, so I was very excited! I skipped the bagels and Chick-Fil-A and made good choices. I brought the muffins, so I knew how many calories they were.

Breakfast 10:00am – 160 Calories
2 Mini Blueberry Muffins
1 bite of a French Toast Stick
6 Apple Slices & ¼ C Blueberries


We went to Abuelo’s for lunch. Although my calorie intake was ridiculous, I did opt for the healthier Shrimp Fajitas instead of my usual Mexican Stack. The Mexican Stack is literally a stack of wonderful Mexican gooeyness. A fried shell topped with like 3 cheeses, beef, beans, and all of the toppings. So good, yet so bad. So at least my fajita was pretty healthy minus the butter the onions were sautéed in. In the future, it would definitely be smart if I would ask them to hold the butter and if I would skip on the chips and queso at the beginning, or at least have much less..we’ll see. My lunch calorie count is obviously an estimation, but I imagine it’s pretty close.
 
Lunch 12:00pm – 1,519 Calories
About 5 oz Tortilla Chips, ¾ C Queso, ½ C Salsa,
1 Tortilla, 5 Shrimp, 1/8 C Onions with 1 T Butter,
1 T Guacamole, 1 T Sour Creem, 1 T BBQ, 1 T Pico,
1/8 C Shredded Cheese, & ½ C Pinto Beans

Then I got stupid…

Snack 3:30pm – 350 Calories
Small piece of Cookie Cake
2 Crackers with 1 T Peanut Butter dipped in Chocolate

And even more stupid when my husband asked me to pick this snack up for him on my way home and then I had one too.

Snack 7:00pm – 180 Calories
Snickers Ice Cream Bar

FITNESS
When I got home tonight Skyler (my husband) talked me into skipping the gym and said that we would go tomorrow and Sunday instead. We sat on the couch for about an hour and then at 8:00 I got up and decided that I had too much energy still and that I needed to stick to the plan. So reluctantly, Sky went to the gym with me for 30 minutes. I felt great tonight and actually did better than what I had set my goal for!

Couch to 5K: Official Week 1 Day 2
Treadmill - Manual - Level 0 – 2.26 Miles - 345 Calories Burned

• 5 min Walk @ 4.0
• 20 min: 60 sec. Run @ 6.0 – 90 sec. Walk @ 4.0
(8 times alternating)
• 5 min Walk @ 4.0

No comments:

Post a Comment