Search This Blog

Friday, January 29, 2010

Catching Up From Yesterday

I didn’t post last night, because I was completely exhausted and just wanted a night to kick my feet back and relax. So here is how the day went down…

FOOD – 1,683 Calories
Yesterday went pretty well. The calories are a bit high because I had a few beers when I got home to celebrate the long weekend! Skyler and I were talking, and agree, there is nothing better than an ice cold beer when you have a taste for one. It just hits the spot so perfectly! Refreshing, relaxing, and so so yummy! Do you drink alcohol when you are trying to lose weight? If so, what do you drink? How do you make it fit into your calorie limits? Here’s how my day looked:

Breakfast 8:30 am – 302 calories
½ C Oatmeal, 1 T Carb Options Peanut Butter,
& 1 Banana (I didn’t quite finish everything...so filling)


Here is what I didn't eat:

Our “buffet” in the office is always packed with super nutritional food such as this box of Krispy Kreme’s…and the “buffet” room just happens to be right next to my office. We have turned a vacant closet in our office into a break room that we refer to as the “buffet”. I usually do a pretty good job of staying out of it though, and yesterday was no exception. I ignored the doughnuts and heated up my bowl of oatmeal.

With the crazy winter weather moving into the area, the perfect meal for the day was Turkey Chili!

Lunch 12:00pm – 425 calories
½ C Chili, 10 Crackers, 1/6 C Cheese, 2 T FF Sour Cream

It was so good for lunch that I had it for dinner too!

Dinner 5:00pm – 560 calories
½ C Chili, 1.5 oz Fritos, 1/3 C Cheese, 2 T FF Sour Cream

Beer 5-10pm – 396 calories
4 Corona Lights

I must say, my chili is pretty darn good, and extremely easy. Here is the recipe…

My Turkey Chili Recipe:
- 1 pkg (1 lb I think) of Italian Style Ground Turkey (cooked)
- 1 Yellow Onion, Sauteed
- 1 Can Tomato Sauce with about 1/2 Can Water
- 1 Can Chili Beans
- 1 Can White Kidney Beans
- 1 Can Light Red Kidney Beans
- 1 Can Dark Red Kidney Beans
- 2 Cans Chili Ready Tomatoes
- 1 Can Chili Rotel
- 1 Can Chunky Rotel
- 1 Big Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Pkg Hot Chili Seasoning (I like Spicy)
- Lots of Chili Powder
- Spoon full of Minced Garlic
- Garlic Salt
- Diced Jalapenos for extra spice
- Tony C's

Cook in Crock Pot all day or on stove for several hours (gets nice and thick).

That's pretty much it…lots of cans! :) The recipe changes every time I make it based on what I have on hand. I just like it to be thick & hearty. This makes a TON of chili, but you can freeze it in ziploc freezer bags and it microwaves wonderfully! This comes to only 130 Calories per Cup!!!


FITNESS
As I mentioned above, I relaxed last night and watched TV with the husband, so I skipped my workout. I ended the day with about 50 oz of water. Didn’t quite reach my goals for the day, but didn’t mess things up too bad either.

No comments:

Post a Comment