Search This Blog

Sunday, January 3, 2010

My name is Kelli and this is my weight loss story...

Welcome to my blog! I have mainly created this to hold myself accountable, hoping that as I write about my successes and downfalls, I will be more contentious throughout my day to day struggles. I am also hoping this will help to motivate and inspire myself and maybe even others.

WHAT BROUGHT ME HERE
I am 25 (almost 26), 5’7”, and currently weigh 183 pounds. My goal is to reach 135 pounds by July 2010 and to get fit along the way. I am already about half way through my weight loss journey, but still have a long way to go.

Over the holidays of 2008 I reached my all time highest weight of 225 pounds. It freaked me out and so I got serious and lost about 15 pounds in January 2009 by exercising ALOT and counting my calories. I burned myself out and went back to being lazy and eating bad. Throughout most of 2009 I maintained a weight of around 210-215 with sporadic exercise and calorie counting. In August, during one of my many “I’m Fat and have Nothing to Wear” meltdowns, my husband suggested that I go to a Doctor to get on Phentermine. We had talked about it off and on over the past few years, but he wanted me to lose weight the 'right way'. This time, we agreed that I had tried very hard numerous times, and that I just needed some help. I made the appointment, and finally kick started my success.

Between August and November 2009 I lost 32 pounds, reaching 181! Finally, after 4+ years of struggling with my weight and trying everything under the sun, I have found something that works for me! Phentermine was the exact 'boost' I needed to get started and re-motivated.

I was very proud that I actually lost weight over Thanksgiving this year. Christmas was a bit less successful. I gave myself one week of 'freedom' and gained a few pounds back by helping myself to too many hors d'oeuvres, desserts, and wine, and all too late at night. I got back on track the Monday following Christmas, and by New Years I was already back down to 183 and re-focused. That is what brings me here. I know that I am going to have to work very hard to lose these last 50 pounds, and I want to do it in time to wear a bikini again this summer for the first time since 2006.

Wish me luck! I look forward to any encouragement and suggestions/advice. Hopefully writing about my journey will help me to avoid the same pitfalls of my past and aid in my success!

No comments:

Post a Comment