Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Kelli’s Gettin’ Her Groove Back

Today I drank about 84 oz of water. It was another good day of sticking to my goals (even when I really want a late night snack right now). I didn’t even want to skip my workout tonight and actually wanted to keep going if it weren’t for the fact that I still had a million things to get accomplished before I could go to bed. I feel like I’m finally getting back into the groove.


FOOD – 1,205 Calories
I have been pretty hungry the last two days from cutting my calories down to around 1,200. So in an attempt to remedy the situation I am going to add in an afternoon snack. 3:00 tends to be my hungry time, so we’ll see if this works. The idea is to try to stick to around 250 calories for breakfast, 450 for lunch, 150 for the snack, and 350 for dinner. I’m hoping this will help, because being hungry all afternoon and then at night time isn’t going to cut it. I’m also trying to find more filling recipes that will stick with me longer. I would love any suggestions!

Breakfast 9:00am – 340 Calories
2 Fiber One Banana Nut Muffins & my daily Dt. Coke


Lunch 12:00pm – 570 Calories
2 AMAZING BBQ Shrimp Fajitas:
3 oz Shrimp cooked in 2T Light BBQ on
2 Carb Balance Whole Wheat Tortillas topped with
Sautéed (in Cooking Spray) Peppers & Onions,
2T Salsa, 2T FF Sour Cream, 1/3 C Shredded Cheese,
& ¼ of an Avocado for Guacamole with
½ C Pinto Beans topped with 1 T Salsa

 SOOOO GOOD…Can’t wait to make these again!

Dinner 5:30pm – 295 Calories
1 Green Apple Salted
4 Ham/Pickle/Cream Cheese Wraps
Each with 1 Slice Ham, 1 T Whipped Cream Cheese,
& 1 Pickle Spear for 50 calories each


FITNESS
My husband ended up getting off work early today, so I skipped Zumba and we went to the gym to run together. It is amazing how much longer an extra 30 seconds seems when running 90 second intervals compared to 60. But I did it! Week 2 Day 1 C25K was a success! Like I said above, I even wanted to keep going but had to get back to the house and get things done before bed. I’m trying to work on a way to better fit everything I want to do in my day.

Couch to 5K: Week 2 Day 1
Treadmill - Manual - Level 0 – 2.22 Miles - 342 Calories Burned
• 5 min Walk @ 4.0
• 21 min: 90 sec. Run @ 5.5 – 2 min. Walk @ 4.0
(6 times alternating)
• 4 min Walk @ 4.0

TOMORROWS GOALS
P90X Ab Ripper X
• Drink at least 64 oz of Water
• Stay under 1200 Calories


So have you noticed a pattern with me yet??? I LOVE MEXICAN FOOD! I could eat it every day! Unfortunately, much of my weight gain can be chalked up to Mexican food…the fried kind. As I have been losing weight I have found ways to still get my Mexican food fix, without all of the fried calories. My shrimp fajitas were awesome today, and way lower in calories than my usual Chimichanga or Nachos smothered in queso with a side of cheesy potatoes & refried beans. What is your favorite ‘unhealthy’ food? What ways have you found to make it healthier to be able to work it into a healthier lifestyle?

No comments:

Post a Comment