Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Lots of Veggies & Beautiful Sunshine

What a beautiful day today was! Too bad I spent most of it in a cubicle without a window. But nonetheless, it was a gorgeous 60* and made me happy!

FOOD – 1,206 Calories
I love it when a plan works as expected! I added the afternoon snack and more filling foods…and I didn’t feel deprived all day! Woo hoo for a success!

Breakfast 8-11am – 268 Calories
Fruit Smoothie:
Oikos Plain Greek Yogurt, 4 oz Acai Juice,
½ Banana, 1 C Frozen Strawberries, & ½ C Blueberries

After I spilled it in my truck (just a bit)


Lunch 11:45 am – 448 Calories
Baked Potato with 1 T I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter,
1/6 C Shredded Cheese, 2 pc. Fried Bacon,
2 T FF Sour Cream, topped with Green Onions &
1 C Roasted Veggies tossed in ½ T EVOO & Spiced Up

(2 C Veggies Pictured – couldn’t finish them all)

Like clockwork, I started getting hungry this afternoon, looked at the time, and it was 3:00. Good thing I was prepared today!

Snack 3:00pm – 120 Calories
Boiled Egg & Mini Babybel Lt. with my Dt. Dr. Pepper


I usually have a Diet soda each morning, but skipped it because I had the smoothie this morning. So even my Dt. Dr. Pepper was a great afternoon treat!

Tonight I had planned on eating leftover Mexican Spaghetti, but just wasn’t feelin’ it, so I had this random hodge-podge of food over the course of an hour.

Dinner 6-7pm – 370 Calories
Started with a Fiber One Peanut Butter & Chocolate Bar
(Pictured Below), then
6 oz Veggies with 3 T Hummus

Little over 9 oz pictured…but didn’t finish them again…

Apparently I was in the mood for Veggies today!


Then I needed something sweet so I tried the new
Jello brand Dark Chocolate Mousse


With 2 T Light Whipped Cream

The Mousse is pretty good, but an odd texture (not like real mousse)
 
Then I had one more salty snack:
Another Mini Babybel Light with a Water


I definitely feel like I got to eat much more today and maintained a comfortable (non-hungry) feeling. I think this new plan is a keeper! Oh and I also drank about 67 oz of water today.


FITNESS
Like I said earlier, we finally had a BEAUTIFUL day after weeks of ice & snow and negative temperatures, so I couldn’t make myself go to the gym. Instead, Sky & I went for a nice 30 minute walk around the golf course at our apartments. It was great to get some fresh air!

TOMORROWS GOALS
P90X Ab Ripper X
• Drink at least 64 oz of Water
• Stay under 1200 Calories
• No Junk or Alcohol at Bunco!

So I have been asked to be a substitute Bunco gal tomorrow night (I have done this once before and had a blast). This means I won’t be able to go to the gym, but I am hoping I will have enough time to at least do the P90X Ab video before I go. The main struggle will be for me to stay out of the junk food, and away from the wine. I’m not giving up alcohol on this ‘weight loss journey’ but I really don’t want to waste my calories on it tomorrow, especially the day before my weigh in day. Like I said yesterday though, I am really getting into this finally, so I don’t think it will be too terribly hard for me to pass on it tomorrow. Plus, I want to save my alcohol consumption this week for when my sister is here this weekend. I can’t wait to see her and I’m sure we’ll want to have a glass of wine (or two…) one night.

3 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of every food item you had today! Very visual representation. It seems like a lot of food for 1,200 calories. Definitely the way to go. Have you considered checking your macronutrients (carbs,fats,protein)? From where I'm sitting it was a lot of carbs and not much protein.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny that you bring this up, because I have been thinking about tracking more than just calories lately, especially since I started reading your blog. So far I have just stuck to counting calories because it has worked, and I've been sticking to the whole "one thing at a time" idea. But I am at a platue now for about a month, so I'm afraid it's time I get more detailed about my tracking. Problem is, I don't know where to start. I have been looking online some today and have some ideas, but would love any advice on how many grams of say protein and carbs I should aim for each day. As you can see, my days can be very lopsided sometimes (no protein to speak of yesterday). It still won't be my main focus, but I would like to at least consider it more than I do now. I also need to look at sodium...but that will be down the road because I am a self confessed saltoholic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recommend finding some on-line tools that help keeping track on the macronutrients such as fitday.com or myfooddiary.com. I'm sure there are others out there, some make you pay some are free with option to get the premium service.

    As long as you eat less calories than you burn you will lose weight. If you hit a plateu then there is something else going on. You either eat more than you think or you exercise less than you think or your basal metabolic rate is lower than you think.

    The problem with incorrect ratios of macronutrients is that you will end up losing precious muscle mass instead of fat if you're not feeding your body with enough protein. Your body will get the protein one way or another. If it can't get it from outside it will get it from inside ie. from your own muscles. It's called catabolism and you don't want that!

    To figure out your minimum protein intake I'd say you probably would like to eat at least 1 gram per lean body mass. So if you have 100 lbs of lean body mass you should eat 100 grams of protein minimum a day. That's 400 calories. You can fill the other 800 with whatever you want, sugar cookies for all I care. Just make sure you eat below maintenance.

    I recommend a book called "Hacker's Diet". It's a free e-mook, google for it.

    I also recommend the rapid fat loss handbook by Lyle McDonald. This one is not free but it has great information about rapid fat loss.

    I hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete