Search This Blog

Monday, January 25, 2010

My Daily Eats

FOOD – 1,186 Calories
Today was a good food day! I still haven’t started counting my proteins, carbs, etc, but I am trying to be more balanced. Looks like I am going to finish the day with about 59 oz of water.

Breakfast 9:30am – 278 calories
1/3 C Oatmeal w/1 T Carb Options Peanut Butter


Not sure if I loved this combo as much as I thought I would. The Protein Cake definitely has more of a bitter taste than the sweet chocolaty taste I was going for. It was edible, just not my favorite. The great thing about it though was that it stuck with me all morning!



I took a late lunch break today, and munched on a Fiber One Strawberry Bar that my sister left for me to try while my lunch was in the oven.

Snack 1:30 pm – 140 calories
Fiber One Strawberry Bar


It was ok, by I still like my chocolate the best!

I prepped today’s Lunch last night so it was just about ready to throw in the oven when I got home. I just had to make the corn bread to put on top and it was ready to go.

Lunch 2:30 pm – 372 calories
1/6 of the Tamale Pie


I know the picture looks awful, but this was an AWESOME lunch! The spicy salsa mixed with the sweet cornbread hit the spot! Skyler even loved it!

Tamale Pie Recipe:
6 Servings
1 pound Lean Ground Turkey
1 can Rotel
1 C Chunky Salsa
1 pkg Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
1 C Cream Style Corn
1 Can Black Olives
1 C Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend

Preheat Oven to 350*
Cook Turkey & Season with your preference
Stir in Rotel & Salsa & Transfer to Casserole Dish
Top with Shredded Cheese
Mix Muffin Mix Powder & Corn & Spread Over Casserole
Sprinkle with Olives
Bake for 45 min – 1 hr (when browned)
Enjoy the Mexican Goodness!

This was seriously so good & very quick & easy to make!

Dinner 6:15pm – 396 calories
Leftover Chicken Salad, 2.5 oz Sweet Potato Fries,
1 Plum, & ½ of a Nectarine

I had never tried a sweet potato anything until this past May, now I love them!

FITNESS
I skipped tonight, just because time got away from me. I swear the clock runs twice as fast the second I get off of work!

TOMORROWS GOALS
Zumba (unless I decide to workout at the apartment gym instead)
• Drink at least 64 oz of Water
• Stay under 1200 Calories
• Get psyched up for my Wednesday MORNING workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment