Search This Blog

Sunday, January 31, 2010

My Weight Over the Years: Part 1

As a tribute to reaching my ½ way point through this weight loss journey, I thought it would be appropriate to think about and share what has led me to this point. This is the first of a 6 part series on “My Weight Over the Years.” I have also made the very brave decision to post my blog link to my Facebook page. Until now, I have only allowed 2 people that I know personally to read my blog: my sister, Laura, & my husband, Skyler. It is such a personal (and quite frankly embarrassing at times) blog, that this is kind of scary for me. But the whole point of creating this was to hold myself accountable and to hopefully receive and provide encouragement from/for others, and what better way than letting people that know me read it?! That being said, I’ll apologize now if you are reading this and see me on a regular basis. Just close your eyes when I post the Before-During Pictures. So here goes…

GROWING UP
Growing up, I went through chubby stages of course, but was always pretty average.


(black eye from jumping on & falling off the bed)

1st Day of 1st Grade
(I’m the one in Purple)

1st Day of 3rd Grade

1st Day of 4th Grade

1st Day of 5th Grade

I hit my growth spurt in 6th grade, and pretty much shot up overnight to the 5’7” height that I am today. When this happened, I looked anorexic, but just because I grew so fast.

Spring 6th Grade

Throughout middle school and high school, I maintained a normal healthy weight for my age and height ranging from 115 – 135.

8th Grade

Winter Freshman Year

Fall Sophomore Year

Summer between Sophomore & Junior Year (I’m on the left)

Spring Junior Year

Summer between Junior & Senior Year

Senior Year

The sad thing is that I never felt thin or pretty and was always “dieting”. I always felt like I was too fat and hated that I naturally have big thighs. Now, I would kill to have that body back! :)  

Of course, body image is something that most (if not all) young women struggle with. What Caitlin is accomplishing with Operation Beautiful is absolutely amazing and wonderful. It is truly a beautiful movement, and I pray that it reaches all of the girls out there that need to be reminded that they are beautiful!

If nothing else, this will be one positive thing I take from gaining weight. It has made me appreciate my body so much more and accept that I’m NEVER going to be a super skinny girl, and I don’t want to be anymore! I just want to be at a weight that makes me feel pretty and comfortable and healthy. I have grown to love my curves (except for the one that hangs over the front of my jeans), and I really feel like that as I lose weight, I am truly feeling so much better about myself and am consciously trying not to nit-pick myself to death in front of the mirror. It is tragic that we are often our own worst critics, and I am really trying to change that about myself so I can enjoy my (becoming) thinner body instead of always feeling like there is something else that I need to ‘fix’ on it. God made me ME for a reason!

Kindergarten Graduation

8th Grade Graduation – 115 – 120 pounds

May 2002 High School Graduation 125-135 pounds

May 2006 College Graduation – 150-160 pounds


Other parts to this series:
Part 2: College Years
Part 3: The Gain
Part 4: Depression
Part 5: The Loss

3 comments:

  1. I was super skinny up until I lost control and got fat in college. Just got fatter over 17 years. Just now getting a handle on it. With a vengeance. So upset with fat depressed me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very hard to know that you CAN be thin and look good, but that for whatever reason(s) you let yourself go. Very frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. would of liked to have fucked you.

    ReplyDelete