Search This Blog

Monday, January 4, 2010

The Plan

I have listed my goals on the side of this blog to constantly remind myself what I am working toward. I'm sure I will add new ones as I go, but this is a good start.

So far, with the help of Phentermine, I have lost weight by decreasing my portions, eating healthier, and not eating late at night. I have worked out a few times but haven't been consistent. I know that exercise is going to be crucial to losing these last 50 pounds, and to get toned and in shape like I used to be. I actually love working out and tend to get addicted once I get into a routine. The problem is getting myself into that routine. I have made a pact with 2 friends from work that we are going to begin working out tomorrow and that we will be ready to begin P90X by March 1st.

My immediate fitness goal is to ease myself back into the gym to avoid burning myself out as I have in the past. I am going to start with the Couch to 5K program 3 days a week and try to hit a Zumba class a couple of times a week. I eventually want to get back into strength training, but will put that off for a few weeks.

WEIGHT GOAL
As I mentioned before, my #1 goal is to get to 135 pounds by July. This one might have to change as I lose weight, if I begin to feel that it is no longer a realistic weight for me, but I think that it is. I plan to achieve this by counting calories and through exercise. My 2 biggies are to avoid eating or drinking after 7 & portion control. I have the Lose It! App downloaded on my iPhone and use it to help track my calorie intake.

RUNNING GOALS
As I said, I am going to be starting the Couch to 5K program. Running is such a great full body work out, that I think it will be a great way to get me back into shape gradually. This is not the first time I have started this program, so my goal is to actually COMPLETE it by April. It is only a 9 week plan, but I gave myself a little bit of leeway to add some steps in there if I can't progress as quickly as it suggests. Following the program, I plan to run in a 5K race with my husband this Spring, a 10K this Summer, & a 1/2 Marathon this Fall. Not quite sure if I ever want to do a full marathon...we'll have to see.

P90X GOAL
Lastly, I want to complete the P90X program by June. I have owned it for a couple of years and tried some of the work outs from time to time, but have never been in shape enough to actually complete it. I really think that this program will help me to achieve the thin AND toned body I desire. I imagine the intensity will also help me to get the last of the weight off as it becomes more stubborn towards the end.

These are my goals…it all begins tomorrow…better get a good night sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment