Search This Blog

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Running is Getting Easier

I am right back on track today! I had a very productive day and am happy with the results.

FOOD – 1,031 Calories
I had planned all week to makes steaks today, so I just worked them into my meal/calorie plan and was able to enjoy a hearty dinner.

Breakfast 11:00am – 301 calories
Fruit Smoothie with:
½ C Dannon Light & Fit Vanilla Yogurt,
½ C Strawberries, ½ Banana, 1/8 C Blueberries,
Juice from ¼ of an Orange, 2 oz Acai Juice,
1 T Light Whipped Cream, &
3/8 C Dark Chocolate Almond Granola

So good! We both agreed it was like dessert!

After our yummy smoothies, we ran a couple of errands and then hit the gym. Once we got back from the gym we started getting dinner ready, but were getting pretty hungry so Laura sliced us up an Asian Pear & a Bartlett Pear to munch on while we waited.

Snack 3:00pm – 77 calories
½ Bartlett Pear & ½ Asian Pear


Aside from Mexican food, I am a meat and potatoes kind of girl. Like I said, I had planned for this dinner this week, knowing my sister was going to be here, so I planned to eat earlier than normal. I was very proud to substitute the normal Loaded Mashed Potatoes with the Flax-Encrusted Sweet Potato Ball recipe that I found on Caitlin’s Blog.

Flax-Encrusted Sweet Potato Ball:
¼ C Black Beans, drained & rinsed
½ medium Baked Sweet Potato, mashed
3 T Salsa
Generous amount of Ground Flax Seed
Mustard or Sour Cream for Garnish
Preheat oven to 350*
Mash together: Salsa, Sweet Potato, & Beans


Form mix into 5 balls & roll in Flax
Place on greased cookie sheet & bake for 30 min at 350*
Garnish with Mustard or Sour Cream


Dinner 4:00pm – 654 calories
6 oz Ribeye Steak with 1 T A1,
3 Sweet Potato Balls with 1 T FF Sour Cream,
1 C Veggies Roasted in ¼ EVOO


I’m going to finish the day at about 68 oz of water.


FITNESS
At the end of my run today I still had energy and decided to keep going. I figured I had a couple thousand calories from last night that I needed to burn off too! Now I know that for those of you that are runners, this looks like a warm up to you, but for me it was a huge triumph! The Couch to 5K program was created for people like me who previously lived fairly sedentary lives. Today was an accomplishment and I am very proud and excited!

Couch to 5K: Week 2 Day 3
Treadmill - Manual - Level 0 – 50 min - 3.96 Miles - 604 Calories Burned

• 5 min Walk @ 4.0
• 21 min: 90 sec. e/o Run @ 5.5 & o/o @ 6.0 –
2 min. Walk @ 4.0 (6 times alternating)
• 21 min: 90 sec. Run (6.0, 6.5, 7.0, 7.0, 6.5, 6.0)
• 3 min Walk @ 4.0


Laura & I after our Run but before P90X Abs


and a Close Up


Laura beat her personal record today for her 5K in 28:18. She was super stoked! After our runs we completed…or attempted to complete…the P90X Ab Ripper X Video. My goal is to be able to complete this video before I start the P90X program on March 1st. That being said, I’m starting to doubt that I will be ready to begin on March 1st like I was hoping, as I’m just now starting to get the hang of this working out thing again. I’m going to see how the next few weeks go and try to push it some. But if I’m not ready I will have to push it back a month.

Laura took it pretty easy on me this weekend! She is really into Crossfit, and it is ridiculously hardcore. I told her that once I’m in shape better, I’ll let her torture me with her crazy workouts.

TOMORROWS GOALS
P90X Ab Ripper X
• Drink at least 64 oz of Water
• Stay under 1200 Calories

No comments:

Post a Comment