Search This Blog

Friday, January 29, 2010

Snow Day

I definitely got my 3 day weekend I was hoping for! It has been snowing non-stop since the middle of the night. Very pretty, but definitely not safe to get out in considering there is about an inch of ice under it all too. Here is a picture from this morning looking out off of my balcony.


FOOD
I slept until about 10 this morning, so my meal times have been pretty random so far.

Breakfast 11:00 am – 67 calories
½ C Dannon Light & Fit Vanilla Yogurt,
4 oz Unsweetened Almond Breeze, Packet Sweetener,
¼ C Blueberries, ½ C Strawberries, & ¾ Peeled Nectarine

I liked the Amazing Grass better this time. I think it helped to only use ½ of the packet and to be mixed with the fruit. The nectarine was an awesome addition to my fruit smoothie too! Such a great flavor mixed in with everything else. And it was one that was way too mushy to eat alone, so it blended perfectly!


I wasn’t really in the mood for a smoothie once I started drinking it though, so I only finished about 1/3 of it.

Snack 1:00pm – 100 calories
5 Mini Chicken Sausage Links

Lunch 2:00pm – 300 calories
Jambalaya with Chicken Sausage

While the Jambalaya was cooking, I prepped dinner for tonight and it looks so so good!


We are going to be having Pineapple & Chicken Skewers with Hawaiian BBQ Sauce served over Brown Rice. We haven’t had this since summer, so it should hit the spot!


They are ready to throw in the oven when dinner time rolls around!

We are a bit bummed, Sky was sent home from work early today so he stopped by Target to pick up a couple of sleds, but they didn’t have any. :( We really want to go sledding and there are a couple of great hills out here, but we don’t have anything that will work. We have used pizza pans in the past, but the snow is too deep this time. We are about to head over to the club house gym to get my run in for the day, and then maybe we can think of something that will do the trick! Nothing more fun than sledding like a kid on a snow day and then coming up to the house and enjoying a cup of Hot Chocolate (Sugar Free of course)!

No comments:

Post a Comment