Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

So Much Energy!

I have had quite a bit more energy than normal the past few days & I hope it is here to stay! I also noticed that I woke up on my own this weekend, earlier than I usually do on weekends. I’m hoping my body is finally trying to accept this newer, healthier routine. I am on track to be in bed by 9pm tonight, I just have to finish this post and get breakfast ready for in the morning, and I’m set to go! 5:30am is going to kick my ass! I’m so thankful that my new truck has remote start so I can at least heat it up before I get in it in the dark, cold morning. Speaking of cold…we are supposed to get some crazy weather Thursday, so I’m thinking Sky and I will be staying in the apartment gym and doing arms and shoulders instead of me going to Zumba again.

FOOD – 1,140 Calories
I finished the day at under 1,200 calories again today…woo hoo! It’s so exciting to be able to do this and still eat ‘normal’ food, and not just bland diet food. I love to cook so I’ve been having a lot of fun experimenting with new recipes.

I ended up not getting to my afternoon snack until closer to 4:00 today.

Snack 4:00pm – 50 calories
Asian Pear


As I mentioned earlier today, I tried another new recipe, Mango-Chipotle Pot Roast. We were kind of nervous because we both like the good ole traditional Pot Roast with Potatoes & Carrots, but it was actually really good! Different was nice for a change!

Mango-Chipotle Pot Roast Recipe:
3-4 lb Boneless Beef Chuck Roast
16 oz Frozen Mango Chunks
2 Red or Orange Sliced Bell Peppers
1 Onion, Sliced
1 Jar Pace Mango-Pineapple Chipotle Salsa
1 Can Mango Nectar (I used 2)
Montreal Steak Seasoning
Cooked Orzo or Egg Noodles

Place Mango, Peppers, & Onion in Bottom of Crock Pot
Place Roast on top of Fruit & Veggies
Combine Salsa & Mango Nectar & Pour over Roast
Season Beef with Montreal Steak Seasoning
(I sliced extra Onions on Top so they would stay more firm)
Cover & Cook on Low 8-10 hours
Serve atop Orzo or Egg Noodles
(Recipe suggests blending some of the fruit & veggies for a thicker sauce)

Dinner 5:30pm – 363 calories
4 oz Roast, 2 oz Orzo, ¼ C Mango, Little Sauce


Sorry for the crummy pictures, something is up with my camera and I haven’t had time to figure it out. It’s making the pictures come out fuzzy.


But back to the Roast…it was a great new twist on a good comfort food. It was also so colorful and had lots of interesting flavors going on from sweet, to spicy, to peppery/vegetabley…yum!

I didn’t do so great on my water intake today, only at 34 oz. Probably because I had the coffee pre-work, then it took me all morning to finish the smoothie, and then I had a Dt. Dr. Pepper this afternoon.

FITNESS
I attended the 55 min Zumba class tonight. It was a lot of fun. We took another girl from the office and she really enjoyed it too. The only thing I worry is that the intensity isn’t quite where I need it to be in order to be prepared for P90X in ONE month. It is such a fun class, but I think it’s just about time I start focusing more on strength training, or P90X will crush me! We’ll see; I would still like to go from time to time, but I need to keep stepping it up!

TOMORROWS GOALS
Couch to 5K EARLY in the morning (Week 3, Day 1)
• Drink at least 64 oz of Water
• Stay under 1200 Calories
• Get to bed before 11 (hopefully 10)

So I don’t want to jinx myself, but I really think/hope my weight is just about to finally drop into the 170’s. Wish me luck and skinny thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment