Search This Blog

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Where Did the Lovely Weather Go?!

Gotta love living in the Ozarks. Yesterday was beautiful, sunny, and 60*; today is rainy, cloudy, and 40* cold! So I decided not to go to Bunco tonight after all. I started my period today and feel like crap (sorry for any guy readers), I was plain exhausted, and I really just wanted to spend a quiet night with my husband since he works all weekend. So I suppose I was worrying for nothing, but at least I had a game plan in place just in case.

FOOD – 1,205 Calories
My breakfast definitely didn’t turn out as planned. I made what was supposed to be “Pumpkin Spice Latte” Oatmeal, but it tasted aweful! The only time I ever go to Starbucks is in the fall when they have these, so I thought this would be a brilliant way to jazz up my oatmeal…not so much. I think I may have gotten a bit carried away with the spices though. I’m going to try it again sometime, but for today I ended up settling with a Fiber One Chocolate Chip Bar that was in my desk.

Breakfast 9:30am – 140 calories
Fiber One Chocolate Chip Bar


Lunch was great because it was Mexican food, of course. At home tacos are way better than from Taco Bell too, because you can stuff them full with lean meat and veggies, compared to the fast food empty taco shell.

Lunch 11:30am – 460 calories
2 Turkey Tacos with:
3 oz Lean Seasoned Turkey with Diced Onions,
2 Taco Shells, 2 T Salsa, 1/6 C Shredded Cheese,
¼ Avocado (for Guacamole) with Lime Juice & Tony C’s,
Shredded Lettuce, & ½ C Pinto Beans

(¾ C Pinto Beans Pictured)

I do have a bad case of “eyes bigger than my stomach” syndrome, but what an improvement I have made. I have gotten so much better at leaving things on my plate if I am full rather than finishing it because it is in front of me.

Snack 3:00pm – 60 calories
Caramel Jello Mousse


I actually liked this one better than the Dark Chocolate, and I’m not a huge Caramel fan. I’m thinking it would be great paired with a green apple! The afternoon snack worked like a charm again; definitely sticking with it. I wasn’t that hungry today at 3:00 actually, but would have been very hungry by 5:00. I tend to make most of my poor food choices when I let myself get too hungry. I let my mind start thinking of all of the things that sound good (and of course they are never healthy). So being armed with an afternoon snack is helping to prevent me from raiding the cabinets when I get home from work and making bad choices just because I am ‘starving’.

OK, so my lunch was so good that I had to have it again!

Dinner 5:30pm – 365 calories
1 Apple with Salt


And 2 Turkey Tacos:
2 oz Lean Seasoned Turkey, 2 Shells, 2 T Salsa,
2 T FF Sour Cream, & 1/6 C Shredded Cheese



I still had a few calories left for the day, so I indulged in a lovely sweet Night Cap.

Dessert 6:30pm – 180 calories
No Sugar Added Hot Chocolate with 4 T Lt. Whipped Cream
and a Peanut Butter Chocolate Fiber One Bar

It warmed me up and was a wonderful little treat!

Looks like I will end up at about 67 oz of water today.

FITNESS
I took a rest day today and it was nice! I was bloated and felt like crap after work, so I decided I was going to kick back and relax for a night. I don’t even feel guilty, because I know my sister is about to kick my ass this weekend in her crazy insane workouts!

TOMORROWS GOALS
Couch to 5K
• Drink at least 64 oz of Water
• Stay under 1200 Calories

No comments:

Post a Comment