Search This Blog

Sunday, February 28, 2010

15 min Jog - All Mental

Today was another good day...and I added in exercise again! Boo for the end of the weekend though!

FOOD - 1,334 Calories
I started with a light breakfast this morning so I could go to the gym.

Breakfast 10:30am - 90 Calories
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fiber One Bar

I was craving a McChicken and Fries today, but decided that I would make my own instead of going to McDonalds to save on calories a bit. I knew it would still be kind of high in calories, but also knew that I could have more food for fewer calories if I made it at home. It hit the spot!

Lunch 2:00pm - 870 Calories
Chicken Patty on Bun with 2 T Mayo & Lettuce
with 3 oz Waffle Fries & 3 oz Sweet Potato Fries

Dinner 6:45pm - 324 Calories
1 C leftover homemade Pasta Salad

When Sky got home and made dinner I had a couple of bites of his, about 50 calories worth.

FITNESS
I jogged for 15 minutes straight today!!! I decided that at this point it is definitely more mental than physical. Don't get me wrong, I am pretty sore, but I definitely struggled with the mental aspect much more than the physical. When I went to the gym I had the goal of jogging for 15 minutes. Then, once I got going I started thinking, well maybe just alternate jogging and walking every 5 minutes. But then I talked myself back into 15 minutes and kept going past the 5 minute marker. Then I started thinking again "well, 10 minutes is pretty good"...so as you can see, it was a constant battle with myself to just keep going. I did it though! I stuck out the entire 15 minutes.

Couch to 5K: Week 5.25 Day 3
Treadmill - Manual - Level 0 – 25 min
2.03 Miles - 295 Calories Burned

• 5 min Walk at 4.0
• 15 min Jog at 5.5
• 5 min Walk at 4.0

It didn't help that I got a blister on my foot about half way through. My socks are pretty crummy though, so I'm going to get some new ones this week.

WEEK IN REVIEW
Here's to a new week! I am not going to do a recap of the week today, because the recap is simply that I sucked pretty bad this week until yesterday and today. The good news is that I am back at 175.4 today and re-focused (again). I will post my new goals tomorrow as well as my monthly progress pictures! My workouts are about to see a shake-up...

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your jog! Exercise is so mental...our minds quit way before our bodies do. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...it is all mental!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete