Search This Blog

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Friday's Recap

I ended up going out with friends last night, so I didn’t have time to post my daily recap, so here goes…

FOOD – ???? Calories
I had time to make a cup of coffee yesterday, and I didn’t spill it all over the bathroom! This time I added some sugar free chocolate syrup…very tasty!

Breakfast 8-11am – 270 calories
Strawberry Banana Smoothie with:
1 Banana, 1 C Frozen Strawberries, ½ C Skim Milk
& ½ C Dannon Light & Fit Vanilla Yogurt
It turned out a bit too thick, but tasted yummy!
For lunch, I enjoyed the Shrimp & Orzo Salad I made on Thursday. It is such a fresh and light salad. It was perfect for lunch, and would also be great to serve along-side a hot entrée.

Shrimp & Orzo Salad Recipe:
Makes about 8 Cups

8 oz Orzo, Cooked
12 oz Baked Shrimp
2 T EVOO
6 T Lemon Juice
¾ C Crumbled Garlic & Herb Feta
5 Green Onion Stalks, Chopped
2 T Red Onion, Fine Diced
1 Cucumber, Diced
1 Tomato, Diced
2-4 T Fresh Chopped Basil
1-2 T Dried Dill
½ t Lemon Zest
Salt & Pepper to Taste

Mix all ingredients together and serve chilled.

Lunch 1:00pm – 380 calories
1 C Shrimp & Orzo Salad, 1 Asian Pear,
& Sugar Free Boston Cream Pie Pudding



Then, dinner time rolled around. Like I said, we went out with some friends to listen to a band at a bar. The epiphany I discussed in my last post really came full circle last night. I almost didn’t go because I knew that I would end up eating bar food & drinking beer. It hit me how ridiculous it was to avoid having fun with friends just because I didn’t want to eat too many calories. I’m so glad I went, because we had a blast! I definitely over-ate which was pointless, but I’m not gonna lie, it was so so good!

Dinner 8:30pm – Too Many Calories
Bacon Cheeseburger with Guacamole & Jalapenos
with a side of Fries & Mayo based Sauce
and 4 Corona’s

I actually tried ordering Corona Light, but they were out.

FITNESS
Skipped the workout to hang with friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment