Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Go Red for Women

My stomach was hurting again today, especially after I ate, so I made an appointment with a Dr. for next week. I haven’t even had a Dr. other than my gynecologist since I lived at home 8 years ago, so if nothing else it will be good to just have a Dr. again. I’m sure that it is nothing and it is going to just be a waste of time and money and I am probably working things up in my head. But I just haven’t felt like myself lately, so I guess it can’t hurt anything to see what he has to say.

FOOD – 1622 Calories
I’m frustrated that my calories are so high today, because I feel like I did pretty good, and I only ate when I was hungry. So I’m ignoring the number today.

Breakfast 8:30 am – 250 calories
1/2 C Oatmeal & 1 T Nutella

 I went to the Go Red for Women American Heart Association Luncheon at work today. The lunch was awesome and healthy and they always have great a great speaker and goodie bag! Plus, we had no food in the house and a grilled cheese sandwich on dry bread wasn’t sounding so appealing.

I guessed on my lunch calories, which might be why they are so high. It was a healthy lunch (minus the ranch dressing), and I didn’t overdo it, so who knows. But here it is…

Lunch 11:30 am – 792 calories
Salad with (guesstimates):
5 oz Chicken, 3 T Ranch, 1 T Feta, 2 T Craisins,
1 T Honeyed Pecans, ½ Wheat Roll with a smidge of Butter,
& a Dove Dark Chocolate Almond Candy

 Accompanied with ½ Strawberry Mousse with
Strawberries & Whipped Topping
(sorry the pictures suck, I need to learn how to use my camera)

I skipped on the Fat Tuesday buffet and had a healthy afternoon snack that was in the goodie bag from the luncheon!

Snack 2:30 pm – 140 calories
Kashi Trail Mix Granola Bar

As I mentioned, because I didn’t go grocery shopping this weekend, there wasn’t anything good to eat at home. So after work I grabbed the list and went to Sam’s. I started getting pretty hungry there and knew that I wouldn’t make it through Wal-Mart next without buying junk food if I didn’t grab a snack to calm my hunger. So on the drive from Sam’s to Wal-Mart I ate some of the healthy food I had just bought.

Snack 6:30 pm – 150 calories
Hummus & some Veggies

I was hoping I would be able to skip dinner since I knew my calories were pretty much tapped out for the day, but no such luck. I was really hungry by the time I got home and when Sky started eating, I had to make something. I made a pretty wise choice though, I think.

Dinner 8:30 pm – 290 calories
Wrap with 6 pc Lunchmeat Roast Beef,
2 slices Low Fat Provolone, Spinach, Red Onion,
Tomatoes, & ¼ Avocado

I’m not gonna lie, I did add salt to my salad today at lunch, but not too much. I really think kicking the salt habit is helping to keep my swelling down tremendously. And I’m not missing it too bad; it’s just hard of course to break a bad habit.

I also didn’t do too great on drinking water today, probably only 16 oz.

FITNESS
Because of the stomach ache (AGAIN) and the grocery shopping, I didn’t do the abs video tonight. I am going to a Chiropractor for the first time ever tomorrow for a consultation. I have got this one spot under my left shoulder blade that has been giving me hell for years off and on, and it is back because of the running I think (or my terrible posture). Sky is kind of a skeptic, and I’m not completely sold, but I’m going to go hear what he has to say. I’m thinking something is just pinched and maybe 1 or 2 sessions should do the trick because I don’t want this to become a regular thing.

TOMORROWS GOALS
Couch to 5K – run’s at 5.7
• Drink at least 64 oz of Water
• Stay under 1200 Calories
• In bed by 11
• No adding Salt to my food

Geez, 11:00 is so hard to hit. I thought I was going to make it by 10 tonight, and it is 11 right now. Good night y’all!
 

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog...I really like it! I just started P90X (I am on day 3). Feel free to check out my blog. I've already added you to my blogroll. Good luck with your goals this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Dawn! I will check out your blog and keep up with your progress on P90X! I'm thinking I'm not quite ready for it yet, so I might delay 1 more month and get into better shape. It is so stinkin hardcore! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete