Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Good Night...

Staying up until 1am last night was rough on me today! I feel like a zombie and can’t wait to go to sleep! Good news though, I got down to 178.6 this morning so that helped to get my day started on the right foot!

FOOD – 1413 Calories
I went over my calories today, but don’t feel like I did too bad with my food choices.

Breakfast 8-11 am – 251 calories
Smoothie with: ½ C Dannon Light & Fit Yogurt,
1 C Mixed Frozen Fruit, 1 Banana, 8 oz OJ,
(I finished about ¾ of the smoothie)
I definitely like the Fruit Amazing Meal better than the Chocolate.

Dinner was so good last night that I had to make it again for lunch today!

Lunch 11:30 am – 400 calories
2 Carb Balance Tortillas, Shredded Lettuce,
10 pieces Lunchmeat Roast Beef, 2 Babybel Light Minis,
Red Onion, Tomato, & 2 T Lt. Cayenne Ranch
With a Diet Coke

Snack 3:00 pm – 60 calories
1 C Honeydew Melon 

I got hungry while dinner was cooking, so I grabbed another snack. It wasn’t the world’s healthiest, but I made it a point to count things out and not overdo it.

Snack 5:30 pm – 210 calories
15 Veggie Wheat Thins, Jalapenos,
& 3 T Whipped Cream Cheese

Dinner 7:30 pm – 492 calories
2 oz Pork Loin on a Crescent Roll with Mustard
½ T Lt. Mayo & 1 C Kale Chips & 2 T Ketchup
 and a Skinny Cow Caramel Ice Cream Cone for Dessert!

FITNESS
I didn’t do my strength training tonight because I am exhausted and I’m coming down with a stupid cold! 3 people from the office went home sick today! I am just hoping I don’t get sick for my birthday. The plan is to get a good night sleep and wake up feeling refreshed & healthy!

TOMORROWS GOALS
I am really going to try to make it to the gym tomorrow. I have decided not to do the morning workout so I can get a bit more sleep tonight. I do have a hair appointment right after work, and they tend to take about 2 hours, so we’ll see. I need to make it happen though, because the rest of our week is starting to fill up with more plans than I anticipated. I can’t wait for this weekend! So my 3 major goals for tomorrow are to:

• Drink at least 64 oz of Water
• Stay under 1200 Calories
• Don’t add salt to my food

Speaking of the salt goal…I have been doing so good! I really wanted to put it on my tomatoes on the wraps last night and today, but I didn’t, and I didn’t miss it!

2 comments:

  1. Kel,
    Congrats on all of the success! I was looking over your menus and caloric intake and would like to offer a suggestion(s). I noticed that your breakfast calories were very similar to your dinner calories as far as the amount is concerned. Try increasing the amount for breakfast (maybe 500) and decreasing the amount for dinner. This will help you sustain energy throughout the day. A rule of thumb is to eat like a king for breakfast, a prince for lunch and a pauper for dinner; meaning, more calories in the morning and fewer in the evening. Also incorporate more protein in the evening because as you work out you need extra protein afterwards to help build lean muscle which will burn more calories.

    The second piece of advice is to eat six meals a day. For example.... instead of eating the two "wraps" for lunch, divide them up over a couple of hours. 1 at 11am and the other at 1pm. You will find that you have more energy throughout the day and for your workout. This will also keep your metabolism at a higher rate. All in all your doing great, the food is healthy and flavorfull, lots of good colors. I can't wait to hear about the 5k!

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Adam! I am slowly trying to rebalance my calories throughout the day. Problem is that before I started this I was a breakfast skipper. So it is hard for me to make myself eat in the morning at all. And then of course at night I go into my had a long day want to eat mode. My calorie goals are 250 breakfast, 450 lunch, 150 snack, 350 dinner. Might need to rework it again though.

    The eating more times a day is something I could probably do, and would benefit from. I have done that in the past and liked it. It definitely helps prevent me from getting too hungry and eating too much in one setting! Thanks again! I love any and all advice I can get! :)

    ReplyDelete