Search This Blog

Monday, February 22, 2010

I Rocked My Run!

 It's Monday again! I'm already anxiously awaiting Friday, but I did have a pretty successful day diet-wize. Here's how I stacked up to my Goals for the day:

Couch to 5K - Week 4 Day 3 in the morning
     Better Run than Planned - but didn't get up this morning
• Drink at least 64 oz of Water
     Finished the day at about 51 oz
• Stay under 1200 Calories
     Made it!
• In bed by 10:30
     It's gonna be close, but I think it's gonna happen
• No adding Salt to my food
    Didn't even struggle with it

I couldn't fall asleep until after 3:00am last night, so when my alarm went off at 5:30, there was no way I was about to get up and run. I am just not a morning person, even though I want to be. I stuck to my goals today and I am proud! The only one I missed was the water. 4 out of 5, I'll call that a success!

FOOD – 1010 Calories
I actually stuck to my calories today!

Here is how much I am not a fan of breakfast:

Breakfast 10:30am - 12:00pm – 250 calories
1 Packet of Hazelnut Latte Oatmeal
with 1 T Nutella

Yes, it took me an hour and a half to finish one serving of oatmeal. I literally have to force myself to eat in the mornings, especially if it is before 10 or 11 am.

Because I ate breakfast so late, I snacked/had lunch kind of late too. We had another birthday in the office today, so I [carefully] snacked on the buffet.

Lunch 2:00pm – 560 calories
4 Crackers, 2 oz Summer Sausage,
2 oz Cheddar Cheese, 2 T Whipped Cream Cheese

I wasn't very hungry, and didn't want to eat too much for dinner so that it would be hard to run; so here is what I ate...

Dinner 6:00pm – 200 calories
2 Plums

& a Fiber One Bar

FITNESS
Yeah, I pretty much rocked my run tonight! The plan was to complete day 3 of week 4:
Jog at 5.5 for 3 min
Walk at 4.0 for 90 sec
Jog at 5.5 for 5 min
Walk at 4.0 for 2.5 min
(repeat 2 times)

However, I was feeling good, so I just kept running and made it 10 minutes until I started getting side stitches pretty bad. I even bumped the speed up a smidge twice.

Couch to 5K:
Treadmill - Manual - Level 0 – 30 min
2.4 Miles - 355 Calories Burned

• Warm Up: 5 min Walk at 4.0
• 5 min Jog at 5.5
• 5 min Jog at 5.6
• 5 min Walk at 4.0
• 5 min Jog at 5.7
• 5 min Walk at 4.0

I think that I do much better on my runs when I have a few days in between to rest. I get pretty sore still each time, so it seems like when I try to run more than 2-3 times a week I just don't have it in me like I do on the days that I am completely rested. This being said, I might eliminate one of my run days for the week. We'll see how I'm feeling as the week progresses.

TOMORROWS GOALS
P90X Abs Video
• Strength Training: Arms & Shoulders
• Drink at least 64 oz of Water
• Stay under 1200 Calories
• In bed by 10:30
• No adding Salt to my food

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great day! I have been curious for the past few days - what brand of oatmeal is that? Hazelnut Latte oatmeal sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Quaker Oatmeal packets. One of the girl's in the office has a client that gave us a couple of boxes so I have been enjoying it! I'm not a huge Hazelnut fan, but it is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks...I'll have to see if I can find some.

    ReplyDelete