Search This Blog

Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Friday & Weigh In

Woo Hoo! It’s my Friday to kick off my 3 day weekend and I am pumped! I had a great day today too! It started off with me hitting a new weight, 177.2! I knew I was going to lose some weight because I didn’t eat very many calories yesterday, but I sure didn’t expect that much. So I’m pretty sure I danced around the house a bit while I was getting ready!

Then when I got to work the girls brought in this great spread of HEALTHY food for my birthday! It was so sweet! Some of them even figured up how many calories were in their dish for me.

THE Buffet

Low Fat Baguettes with FF Cream Cheese
& Splenda with Fruit & Nuts

Sugar Cookie with FF Cream Cheese & FF Whipped Cream
With Fruit & a Orange Glaze

Ham & Cream Cheese & Pepperoncini Pinwheels

Homemade Blackberry Muffins

Poppy Seed Muffins

Valentines Sugar Cookies

Oranges & Pretzels & Hummus

Veggie Tray

Then I had my monthly Dr.’s appointment to weigh in and check my blood pressure. She said she was very proud of me, and that she doesn’t get to say that very often. It made me feel pretty good; especially after I gained a couple of pounds at my last weigh in.

So now we’re on our way to MO to go out to dinner with my in-laws. They are going to take me to pick out a birthday present and buy us a yummy dinner at one of my favorite restaurants!

Man, what a good day! I am just so happy inside! I L-O-V-E good days. Especially when I know it is going to be followed with yet another good day tomorrow!

FOOD ~ 900 Calories so far
I’m not gonna lie, my food choices were not stellar today, but I knew they wouldn’t be. I am actually very proud of a few things though, so here goes…

On weigh in days, I skip breakfast. I know, shame on me; but I don’t want one extra ounce to hit that scale on those days. That being said, I tend to hit the McDonald’s drive in for lunch on my way back to the office on these days. I know, I know, it is a terrible habit, but it’s one day a month (or less) and it’s my little reward I suppose.

Lunch 12:00pm – 610 calories
1 McChicken & 1 Small Fries

Like I said, even though I didn’t eat the healthiest today, I am proud of some of my choices. I used to eat 2 McChickens & 2 Small Fries when we went to McDonald’s, and I would add like 3 packets of salt to the mix to make it even that much healthier for me. But today I ordered ½ of what I used to (and felt very satisfied), and I didn’t add one drop of salt!!! So even though it was junky food, I’m putting this one in my success column for the day.

I didn’t eat on the buffet any this morning because of my weigh in, so it made for the perfect afternoon snack.

Snack 3:00pm ~ 290 calories
1 Ham/Cream Cheese/Pepperoncini Pinwheel,
1 Sugar Cookie & Fruit Slice, &
about 1/4 of the Fruit Baguette

Dinner is definitely going to put me over the top! We are going to Cheddars because I love that place and we don’t have one in NWA. I plan to order a Sangria Swirl Margarita and a Buffalo Chicken Wrap, which is served with Fries. And my in-laws always order the Onion Rings & Spinach Dip Appetizers. I will only finish ¼ - ½ of the wrap. My goal for this meal is to just not eat until I’m stuffed. I am going to allow myself to enjoy the unhealthy greasy food and margarita, but I just want to be controlled about it and stop when I’m not hungry anymore. If I stick to that, I will consider it a success.

POST DINNER
I didn’t have internet access to post earlier, so I’m just going to add to it. We ordered exactly as I predicted, and I stuck to the plan! I had 2 Sangria Swirl Margaritas (pretty sure there wasn’t any alcohol in them tonight), and then ate 1 Onion Ring, about 1 oz of Chips with Salsa & 2 scoops of Spinach Dip, ¼ of my Wrap and about ¼ of the Fries with 1 oz of Ranch, and then boxed the rest up. I didn’t add salt at all, not even to the fries! When we got home I had a bite of the chocolate cake that my Maddie made for me and then stopped. I am pretty proud of myself that even though I am taking a couple of days off of ‘dieting’ I didn’t completely blow it by stuffing myself to the point of misery. I think that it will be habits like this that will help me keep the weight off once I am in my maintenance phase. I was able to enjoy some of the unhealthy foods that I like, but didn’t over-indulge. I stopped when I was no longer hungry. Success!

FITNESS
I’m pretty bummed that I have now skipped 3 days in a row. I have actually gotten to the point where I look forward to my runs, so I’m missing it. Only so many hours in the day though. I am going to try really hard to make it to the gym tomorrow.

TOMORROWS GOALS
Like I have said, tomorrow is going to be a bad calorie day, no way to deny it. We are going to eat lunch at my favorite Tex-Mex Restaurant in MO, then we’re meeting up with all of our friends at Abuelos for drinks and dinner, then we are having game night with junk food, and then we might even head to Ruth Chris’s late night happy hour and live music. I am so pumped about another game night! We always laugh a lot and have a blast! So, for tomorrow my goals are:

• Drink at least 64 oz of Water
• Eat what I want without OVER eating
• Squeeze in a workout

No comments:

Post a Comment