Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Something Isn't Quite Right

I feel like such a complainer lately, but it seems that something isn’t quite right. I’m just not feeling very good this week, and it’s starting to get old. Last night, after dinner, I started getting a pain in my left back and it seemed like it went through to my front side under my ribcage. It went away after a few hours so I didn’t think anymore of it until today. I was feeling fine all morning until after lunch, and then the exact same pains started in again, except way worse. The bad part was that I was in the middle of a lunch meeting at work. I thought about excusing myself because I felt like I couldn’t sit still, but I waited it out and then called Skyler as soon as I got back to my desk.

Sky is a nurse, and quite frankly tends to minimize things when I complain of ailments (fair enough). But I think he could tell that I wasn’t just joking around to be whiny today. He asked a supervisor what he thought, and they both said it sounds like it could be my gallbladder except that it would hurt on the right instead of the left. I had my gallbladder checked a few years ago because I was having other digestive health issues, and it checked out just fine. But with my stomach being so upset this week and then this, it could be a possibility. I looked it up online and seem to have many of the symptoms, but who knows.

I hate going to the Dr. for things like this, because I’m sure it is nothing and I just need to toughen up, so I am going to give it a few more days to see if it persists before I go that route. I imagine there is a good chance it is just a stomach virus or something that I can’t seem to get over, but it sure was painful from about 1:00 – 4:00 this afternoon. The pain did let up around 4:00 and then at about 5:00 I started getting just a dull ache in my left back and front again that hasn’t gone away since (now 8:00).

So with all of this being said, I am going to skip my workout tonight. It’s kind of getting annoying, but I’m going to try to get a good night sleep and hope that rest will take care of things.

3 comments:

  1. Hey! Be sure you get that checked out! I had some similar problems: pain in my stomach the was all the way through my lower back. It only came at night and it lingered! After almost three weeks, I went to the emergency room and after like 1,000 tests and procedures (exaggerated), they discovered I had a sick gall bladder. Gall bladder ailments can come in all sorts of different flavors, so definitely get checked out if it lasts too much longer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dacon! I'm gonna see how I feel over the next few days. I imagine it's nothing. Did you have yours removed? I remember you going through a million tests and not knowing what was wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I got it removed in July! And havent had a problem since.

    ReplyDelete