Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The.Longest.Day.Ever.

Today was one of those days that wouldn’t end! Do you ever have those days that just seem so long for no good reason? I stayed pretty busy at work, so it’s not that I was bored or anything, the time just seemed to creep by. The 2:00 hour was the worst! It seemed like it drug on forever. I look up, it’s 2:03, then 2:09, 2:13…this went on…well…for an entire hour. The good news though, is that I feel a million times better today, thank goodness! My stomach got a bit upset again this afternoon, but it went away in about an hour or so.

FOOD – 1,227 Calories
I was really excited this morning because I woke up a little bit earlier than usual so I made a cup of coffee with my sugar free caramel syrup. Took it back to the bathroom with me to sip on while I got ready and I dropped it! The cup shattered and coffee went EVERYWHERE! I was so bummed out because it smelled so tasty!

I was so proud of myself this morning. I skipped on the buffet loaded with cookies, cakes, dips, chips, crackers, bagels, etc. and had my smart breakfast.

Breakfast 9:00am – 150 calories
¾ Quaker Instant Oatmeal Express

Considering I was in a hurry and threw lunch together quickly, it turned out really good!

Lunch 1:00pm – 397 calories
Grilled (with cooking spray) Sandwich with
Natures Own Light Wheat Bread,
6 Slices Cajun Chicken Lunchmeat,
2 Slices American Cheese, ¼ Avocado,
Shredded Lettuce, & Sliced Cucumber
With a Pickle Spear
Accompanied by my Healthy Caramel Apple
I ate 1/3 Green Apple & ½ Caramel Jello Mousse


When I decided to skip on the buffet this morning, I made myself a deal that I would work a cupcake into my calories for my afternoon snack. I was like a little kid all day looking forward to my cupcake! Wow! I told myself I had to wait until 3:00, and it was such a struggle. Not because I was hungry, but because I wanted to taste it! Now that I think about it, that’s probably why 2:00 lasted so long. I thought about eating it right after lunch for dessert, but I knew I would appreciate it much more if I waited. Then I really wanted it at 2:00, but made myself wait the extra hour. So worth it! It was wonderful!

Snack 3:00pm – 260 calories
Lemon Cupcake with 2 T Lemon Icing

I’ll give you two guesses what I had for dinner, but you’ll only need one.

Dinner 7:00pm – 420 calories
NACHOS with: 1.5 oz Tortilla Chips, ½ C Turkey Chili
1/3 C Cheese, ¼ C Rice (from the Jambalaya),
2 T FF Sour Cream, & Green Onions

I hate that I love nachos so much, because they are not healthy (even when I try to make them healthier). In all fairness though, I am just trying to be creative with ways to get rid of the leftovers. I’m going to finish the day at about 68 oz of water, much better than the last 2 days.

My sister and I were talking the other day and she was joking about how weird it is that some of the things I choose to spend/waste calories on she can pass on, and then some of the ways I save calories she could never do. For instance, she said she could skip on all of the cheese, and I clearly love my cheese. But she hates Fat Free Sour Cream, and it is one of my easiest ways to save on calories and add flavor. What is your splurge item(s) that you cannot give up, even if it is high in calories?

FITNESS
I almost died on the treadmill tonight! I bumped up the speed just a bit and it was brutal. Soooo, I am going to add in an in-between week this week, because I don’t think I’m quite ready for the actual Week 4 in the program. I planned for this when I started, because I know that I am not a runner, and that I would struggle with the program. I’m not sure what I’m going to do yet, I will have to decide tomorrow.

Couch to 5K: Week 3 Day 3
Treadmill - Manual - Level 0 – 23 min –
1.82 Miles - 273 Calories Burned

• 5 min Walk @ 4.0
  Repeat 2 Times (18 min):
• 90 sec jog @ 6.0
• 90 sec walk @ 4.0
• 3 min jog @ 6.0
• 3 min walk @ 4.0

TOMORROWS GOALS
Couch to 5K
P90X Abs or Strength Training
• Drink at least 64 oz of Water
• Stay under 1200 Calories

No comments:

Post a Comment