Search This Blog

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Week In Review & Goals for Next Week

WEEK IN REVIEW
Apparently I suck because I didn’t hit my goals for the second week in a row. I have been extremely frustrated again about my lack of time. There is just never enough of it. I guess I ought to give morning workouts a try again, because this just isn’t cutting it. Last week I said that I would start listing my prior week’s goals and how I stacked up, so here goes…

Couch to 5K Week 4– Run 3 times (Mon, Wed, & Sat)
     o Ran Monday, and ½ of the Run on Wednesday
• Strength Training Arms & Shoulders & Abs (Thursday)
     o Didn’t Do
• Strength Training Back & Chest & Abs (Sunday)
     o Didn’t Do
P90X Ab Video 2 times (Tuesday, & Saturday)
     o Didn’t Do
• Drink at least 64 oz of water a day
     o Probably did this about ½ of the week
• Stay under 1200 Calories at least 5 days
     o Went over 1200 Calories every single day
• Stay under 1500 Calories the other 2 days
     o Stayed under 1500 Calories Mon, Wed, Thurs, & Sun
• NO eating after 7– Minimal eating after 5
     o I did pretty good on this one
• No adding salt to my food
     o I did great on this one and really noticed the difference
• Bed BY 11pm Sunday through Thursday nights
     o I think I only missed this on Thursday

Clearly, this isn’t an acceptable ‘stick-to-it’ percentage. I have to find it in me to do better than this!


GOALS FOR NEXT WEEK
OK, here goes again. Pretty similar, just have to stick to them this time around.

Couch to 5K Week 4 – Complete on Monday
Couch to 5K Week 5.25 (see below) – Run 3 times
• Strength Training Arms & Shoulders & Abs
• Strength Training Back & Chest & Abs
P90X Ab Video 2 times
• 2 morning workouts (we’ll see if I can do it & if it helps)
• Drink at least 64 oz of water a day
• Stay under 1300 Calories at least 5 days
• Stay under 1500 Calories 1 Day
• NO eating after 7– Minimal eating after 5
• No adding salt to my food
• Bed BY 11pm Sunday through Thursday nights

I gave myself a cheat day this week because I’m going to do it anyway so I might as well plan for it. I need to try to keep it under control though. I’m also going to try to get into bed by 10:00, or at least 10:30 and then asleep by 11:00.

So the Couch to 5K program is starting to progress faster than what I feel ready, so the next few weeks are going to be a mix of the program and what I think I can do. Here is my plan for this week. We will call it week 5.25.

COUCH to 5K Week 5.25
Day 1: 29 minutes
5 min Warm Up at 4.0
Repeat 3 Times ---
5 min Jog at 5.5
3 min Walk at 4.0

Day 2: 30 minutes
5 min Warm Up at 4.0
Repeat 3 Times ---
5 min Jog at 5.5
2 min Walk at 4.0
6 min Jog at 5.5
3 min Walk at 4.0
7 min Jog at 5.5
2 min Walk at 4.0

Day 3: 31 minutes
5 min Warm Up at 4.0
Repeat 2 Times ---
8 min Jog at 5.5
5 min Walk at 4.0

No comments:

Post a Comment