Search This Blog

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Weekly Prep

I thought I would give you a glimpse into what my weekend prep looks like. This weekend was actually much easier than others. I guess I picked easy to prep meals!

Every weekend I update the following spreadsheet with my weekly meal plan and calories. I try to make it based on some of the ingredients I already have in the house, and go from there. It does change constantly throughout the week as maybe what I have planned for Tuesday doesn't sound good on Tuesday, or something comes up, just whatever. But this at least gives me a good base to start with, and I do try to stick to it as closely as possible. When I do, it makes life during the busy week much easier because all of the counting and planning/prepping is already taken care of.


After I get the basics of my weekly meal plan down, I put together a grocery list and then begin prepping everything I can.

Yesterday while I was making the cheesy potato & ham casserole, I sliced & diced up what was left of the ham for sandwiches/salads/omelets this week.
Then I bagged it and labeled it with calorie content.

I boiled 6 eggs for snacks and maybe a salad one day.

Today I cut up a Honeydew Melon & Pineapple.

And made Tex Mex Turkey Casserole ready for the oven. 

So that's some of what goes into my weekend planning. A few hours on the weekend makes a huge difference during the week when I'm stressed, tired, and busy. The key is making myself stick to the plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment