Search This Blog

Monday, March 15, 2010

Back on Track Again

That's right! I had a great day, diet-wise and just in general. The weather is absolutely beautiful here today. The sun was shining, it was still daylight past 5:00, I stuck to my diet plan for the day, and I had a great run!!! Finally! After like 5 weeks of worthlessness, I feel like/hope I'm getting a renewed sense of motivation. Thank you so much to everybody for all of the kind words of encouragement and support lately while I was stuck in my rut. I really hope it sticks for a while to help me get these last 30 pounds off.

FOOD
My fruit & veggie fast today was actually really easy! I haven't been hungry and I feel great! I might try it again tomorrow if I feel up to it. Kind of funny, I made the plan to do this fast yesterday without actually having any fruits or vegetables in the house. So I went to Wal-Mart on my lunch break and stocked up then came up and sliced and chopped it all up. Here's what it looked like:

Strawberries, Red Grapes, Nectarine, Red Apple,
Carrots, Cucumber, & Grape Tomatoes

So colorful! I had the Apple around lunch time, and then some of the Strawberries around 4:00. I munched on some of the Veggies with dips before & after my run.


I had about 2T of the Fat Free Ranch Veggie Dip (only 30 calories), and a serving of the Hummus (150 calories).

Tonight I ate the rest of the Strawberries and some Kale Chips. I have drunk about 100 oz of water today!


Kale Chips:
Tear Kale Leaves into Bite Sized Pieces
Spread evenly on a Cookie Sheet
Spray with Cooking Spray
Sprinkle with Sea Salt (and any other seasonings of choice)
Bake at 400* for 10 minutes
Flip & cook for an additional 5 min
They will be crispy like a chip when they are done
Keep an eye on it because they burn easily

Oh! And guess what I didn't eat today??? The yummy treats on our office buffet! Two girls in the office randomly brought in treats today, and they looked and smelled so good, but I steered clear!


FITNESS
I ran again today, for the first time in like 2 weeks I think! I am so proud! I walked to and from the gym because it was so, so gorgeous out.

7 min Brisk Walk to Gym
15 min Jog on Treadmill at 5.5 Speed
9 min Leisure Walk back Home

Yes, you read correctly...I ran for 15 minutes straight! This is only the second time I've done that. It wasn't too bad until about 12 minutes, then it sucked and I was ready to be done. I ran 1.36 miles in the 15 minutes on the Treadmill, for 200 calories (according to the Treadmill).

I want to run at least one more time this week. Like I have said before, I always do better when I just run 2-3 times per week and am well rested.

Obviously I haven't been doing the Insanity video's like I had planned. I am still wanting to try a few this week to see if it is something I want commit to, but I'm really starting to wonder if I am at a point in my life where I can & am willing to commit to a workout series every day. I really want to do this and P90X this year, but they might have to wait until life slows down a bit. I know everybody says you just have to MAKE time to workout, but some days there just physically isn't time left after all of our other responsibilities. Once our house sells and a couple of other things pan out, life might actually slow down some for the first time in our married life, and I'm really hoping I will have more time then to commit to these programs. So, I do still have every intention of at the very least completing P90X by the end of the year (and hopefully still by August), but I am going to have to also be realistic with my life and schedule.


TOMORROWS GOALS
- Stay under 1200 Calories (or do a fruit/veggie fast)
- Drink at least 64 oz of Water
- Be in Bed by 10:00pm
- Do something Physical (thinking maybe a Walk with Sky)

5 comments:

  1. Good job on the fruit and veggie fast. I can't do that on P90X because I wouldn't get enough calories to do the workouts, but I used to do that once a week in my early 20's. As long as you don't binge the day after it's great to reduce calories and give your colon a break. I'd like to go back to doing that once I finish P90X.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelli -
    I loved that you prepared everything so well for the day. I always say I'm going to do that and never seem to get there, but love how that looks! You may have inspired me to ACTUALLY get it done next grocery trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always do so much better when I prep for the day/week in advance! It makes it much less likely that I will eat something stupid because I already have a plan in place. I TRY to plan & prep every weekend for the upcoming week, but haven't been doing so great lately because it can be time consuming...but it is worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Insanity is HARD! Dacon told me about your blog and I am glad I checked it out. I've done both P90X and Insanity (I'm a Beachbody coach) and Insanity is harder than P90X. Your food is looking great. keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You aren't the first person to tell me that Insanity is harder, so I think I'm going to switch my order! :) Plus P90X just seems more fun to me! How do you know Dacon?

    ReplyDelete