Search This Blog

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Engagement Dinner

I couldn't say yesterday, but the dinner that we went to with the 3 other couples was orchestrated by one of the guys so he could propose to his girlfriend, one of my best friends! It was so sweet, and the dinner was AMAZING! Calories were out of control, I'm sure...but this was one of those times that was totally worth it! Here's what was on the menu:

Toasted Walnut, Gorgonzola, & Clover Honey Bruschetta
paired with Vertikal Riesling

Traditional French Onion Soup
paired with a Blood Orange Martini

Pinot Noir Braised Beef Short Ribs with
Parmesan Risotto & Zucchini Ribbons
paired with Echelon Pinot Noir

Sugared Strawberries & Creme
paired with Mondoro Asti


I can't believe that my stupid camera is broken! The food was so pretty and oh so yummy! We were all full after the soup! The Chef/Owner was very entertaining and it was so cool to see how they made everything. They even gave us copies of the recipes...so I'm going to have to make the French Onion Soup sometime soon.

2 comments:

  1. French Onion Soup - YUM! What an exciting day! Sometimes food splurges are just required. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - this was definitely one of those day's that I didn't even feel guilty...it was worth it!

    ReplyDelete