Search This Blog

Monday, March 1, 2010

INSANITY: Day 1

Yay for 3 good days in a row!!!

FOOD - 1,211 Calories
I started my day off with a coffee sweetened with Sugar Free Caramel Syrup.


Breakfast 9:30-11:00am - 146 Calories
3/4 of a pkg of Hazelnut Latte Oatmeal
with 1 small box of Raisins

Yep, I had another homemade McChicken...

Lunch 12:45pm - 645 Calories
Chicken Patty on Bun with Shredded Lettuce,
1 T Mayo, & 1 T Lt. Mayo served with
3 oz Spicy Sweet Potato Fries

Dinner was so so good, and one of Sky's favorites. I imagine he was a bit disappointed that I used grilled chicken instead of fried, but he was still happy I made one of his favorites!

Dinner 7:00pm - 420 Calories
Sweet & Sour Chicken with:
4 oz Grilled Chicken, 1 C Rice with Veggies,
1/4 C Sweet & Sour Sauce, 2 T Pineapple,
Carrots, & Broccoli

The only thing I was disappointed in was that I had to eat dinner later than I prefer. By the time I got home from work a bit late and changed it was time to meet the girls at the gym. I came straight home from there though and ate immediately.

FITNESS
Today was Day 1 for my new Insanity fitness program. It was just the fit test, so here is how I stacked up:
(these are all measured in the amount of reps I completed in 1 minute)

- Switch Kicks: 50
- Power Jacks: 40
- Power Knees: 50
- Power Jumps: 13
- Globe Jumps: we skipped this one b/c it was confusing...next time
- Suicide Jumps: 13
- Push Up Jacks: 0 - this exercise is ridiculous!
- Low Plank Oblique: 10

The Push Up Jacks are just stupid! I can't even do a push up the normal way, let alone Jumping-Jack my feet on the way down...lame!!! It was pretty sad, we were all huffin & puffin and then they announced "Okay, now we are done with the warm-up...", "WHAT?!" haha! It is pretty intense for 3 people that aren't in the best shape ever, but we managed to get through and are ready to get started tomorrow with the Plyometric Cardio Circuit video.

TOMORROWS GOALS
- Stay under 1300 Calories
- Complete Insanity Day 2
- Drink at least 64 oz Water
- Be in Bed by 11:00pm (hopefully 10)


Speaking of bedtime, it is 10:57 right now, and I need to get to bed. I took my progress pictures tonight, so I will post them tomorrow when I have more time. Sleep tight & have a great day tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, good luck with Insanity! I wanted that one, but was scared I wouldn't be able to do it. I don't think I could right now, but maybe after P90X. p.s. I've seen the push up Jacks or whatever, and they are ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Insanity is, well... INSANE! You're better off doing Chalean (also by Beachbody), P90X, then Insanity. I did an Insanity video and I just watched confused for the most part! haha! GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete