Search This Blog

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Junky Food for a Junky Attitude

I've been lame all weekend, eating like crap and skipping my workouts. I am going to try to get back on the wagon this week. I have spent a lot of time trying to think of a way to re-motivate myself, and I realized that my #1 motivator is weight loss. When I'm losing weight I get so stoked and want to keep going. But when I get in a rut like this, I tend to get stuck for a while. So...I need to start losing weight again to get back into my groove. I know if I could just drop a few pounds this week, it would be the boost I need to get motivated again. In order to do this, I think I'm going to try to do a fruit and veggie fast/diet tomorrow. Hopefully it will help to kick start my diet again and set me back on the right track. Say a prayer for me! I've been stuck for like a month now and am just getting so sick of counting calories and blah, blah, blah. But I know it will be worth it in the end if I can just make myself buckle down for a few more months. Again, I know I sound like a broken record...but NEW Week, NEW Attitude!

On a side note, I saw Sandra Bullock & Jesse James yesterday at work! It was so cool! I have seen a few celebrities over the past couple of years, but she is one of my favorite so I was so excited & star-struck! OK, just wanted to brag for a second. It is almost midnight; I am going to be miserable in the morning. I hate daylight savings! Good night & good week!

3 comments:

  1. Good Luck with getting back on the wagon this week Kelli! I just read an article this weekend on yo yo dieting & it said something about the healthy amount of weight to lose is like 10% over a six month period. None of us want to wait that long in our instant gratification society, but it might help you to feel better about your break. You've come a long way and it might help to revisit WHY you're doing this to get re-pumped up! As long as you're not going the other way, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelli -
    I just wanted to say I completely understand the whole junky attitude thing! Saturday was not a great day for me food wise... And I've only really just begun with this whole "getting healthy" again... but I'm trying to remind myself that a ruined meal is not a ruined day/week/month whatever. So I just wanted to say hang in there gal and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina - Thank you so much! It is true, I want it to just happen now and get so discouraged when I get into a rut. And you are correct, I am very thankful that at least I'm not gaining. And I'm pretty proud that I feel like when the weight is gone, it will stay gone with the way I'm losing it.

    Nora - That is so true. I try to remind myself that just because I have a bad meal or a bad day doesn't mean I'm a failure and should quit. It just means I'm human and I'm not perfect! Thanks for the well wishes! And good luck to yourself!

    ReplyDelete