Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Yesterday's Run

Even though I ate like crap again yesterday, I still at least got a run in. See, I have been doing what I always do before I start a new 'diet'...eating everything in sight that I might crave. I realize that it is very counter-productive...put on an extra 5 pounds to have to just lose again...but I still do it...every time!

My run yesterday wasn't quite as good as I was hoping for, but not as bad as last week either. I walked to and from the gym again (7 minutes each way). Then I hit the treadmill:
Ran at 5.5 speed for 10 minutes
Walked at 4.0 for 3 minutes
Ran at 5.5 again for 5 minutes
Walked 2 more minutes at 4.0.
My goal was to run for 10 minutes 2 times with a 3-5 minute walk in between, but I just couldn't make it happen. It took a good 5 minutes to get into the groove, and then it wasn't too bad. But I took the walk break at 10 minutes so I could go for another 10 minutes...but I couldn't get going again. I still get so sore during my runs...and I don't have much mental strength to fight through it!

I have decided I really don't love running, and I'm thinking I will be changing my goals again shortly. I do want to be able to run & compete in a 5K race, but I don't think I'm into the 10K & 1/2 Marathon anymore. We'll see how I feel once I conquer the 5K, but as of now I'm thinking running is not so fun!

Today was my last day of eating so junky for a while, and I'm kind of glad. I have been bloated all week and feel like a lethargic cow! Tomorrow will be day one. Well, more like pre-day with our fit tests, pre photos & weigh in, and planning our diets. Here goes nothing!!!

2 comments:

  1. Here goes everything! It'll be so fun; and you have the rest of us on board doing it too; not to mention Sky, so peice of cake! I really enjoy the diet (we don't do the mock menus, but rather the portion approach) and I really thought I'd have a really hard time at it. I'm not sure what's different, but I feel completely satisfied and hopefully you will too! I hated running too if it's any consilation! I will maybe do a 1/2 marathon one day, but don't have a desire to do the full. Too harmful on the body (at least my body). Try & do sprints instead of long distance maybe? Like 2 minutes on & 1 off for a half hour? I went from running a mile a year or two ago to being able to do a 5k comfortably and was NEVER a runner in high school. Hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to have my blog friends that are going through the same thing to help me through these next 90 days! It is also awesome to do this with Skyler...I think it will really help to keep me on track. We are going with the portion approach too, and I hope your're right. I hope it gets easier to follow as we go. I'm not so worried about being hungry, just more about the planning that is required. For the running, I just want to be able to run a 5K and I think I will feel accomplished in that regard. Running is such a good all body workout, so I would like to be able to keep up with it and get better at it. But I don't see myself ever enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete