Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Bye Bye P90X Diet

I'm really not feelin this diet! I don't like most of the foods, and it is boring, and all it's doing is making me want to cheat. All I want right now is Nachos and a Beer, and I really have to focus on eating right so I can lose more weight. Soooo...I think I'm going to just focus on eating healthy and trying to eat fewer carbs like the program calls for right now...but no more of this stressful 5 proteins, 1 carb, 1 fruit, 2 veggies, blah, blah, blah...it is too exhausting and I'm not a fan. I know I might not get the exact same results as I could if I followed it to a T, but I guess that's the risk I'm willing to take. I was doing really good when I was losing weight before by just counting calories and not eating too late. I think it worked so well because I never felt deprived because I still ate what I wanted and not what some plan told me to eat. OK, enough ranting. Other than the diet part, I really do like P90X!

FOOD - 1,197 Calories
I didn't eat many calories today because I was super busy at work and then my dinner tasted like crap so I just gave up.

Breakfast 8:30am - 180 Calories
Light Cherry Yogurt w/ 1/2 C Kashi Go Lean Clusters

Snack 10:30am - 121 Calories
3 Mandarin Oranges
Yumm! I love Fruit!

My lunch was AWESOME! I will probably be making it again soon because it really hit the spot! I had to scarf it down though because I was in such a hurry trying to cook and weigh everything for lunch & dinner and then get back to work in one hour.

Lunch 12:00pm - 571 Calories
Turkey Burger atop 2 Pickle Slices, Shredded Lettuce,
Tomato Slice, 1 t Mustard, & 1 T Ketchup, topped with
1 sliced Mushroom, Onion Slices, Jalapenos,
& a piece of Chipotle Cheddar Cheese
Served with 1/2 of an Avocado & 1/2 C Black Beans

Dinner 5:30pm - 325 Calories
Salad with 2 oz Diced Turkey, 1 Boiled Egg,
2 Lt. Laughing Cow Cheeses, 2 T Diced Tomato & Jalapenos
 with 2 T FF French Dressing & 2 T FF Caesar Italian Vinaigrette

I made the salad with 2 oz Diced Ham & 2 oz Grilled Chicken but I got really sick of the taste of it so I just picked off enough of it to not be hungry anymore and threw the rest away.

My Recovery Drink came in tonight so I tried it. It isn't too bad, but I don't love it either. I will see if it works over the next few days I suppose. I think I'm going to try mixing it into a smoothie or something. I think I would like the flavor much better like that.

FITNESS
P90X Day 4: Today was Yoga, and I actually think that I like it. I was dreading it, but it wasn't too bad and kind of relaxing and felt good to stretch my sore muscles. I only did about 30 minutes of the 1 hour video because I kept getting interrupted. The final interruption was another call about our house that's for sale in MO, so I was too distracted after that and it was getting late so I called it a night. I paused it so I'm hoping to finish it this weekend. I hope I start to learn these routines so I don't have to constantly be cocking my head all awkwardly to try to see the TV.

Tomorrow's workout...Legs & Back & Abs...hopefully I can move my legs better tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I hated the diet! I am vegetarian, so it was really hard for me to restrict my fruits, veggies, and grains the way the want. It didn't last very long. I think you'll be fine counting calories. Don't give in to your nachos and beer cravings, though...that's what I've been doing and the weight has NOT been coming off like I want it to. Big changes in other areas though, but I wanted change in weight the most. Sounds like you're off to a good start...keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm just not a fan of the diet. I see the logic behind it, but it's not for me.

    ReplyDelete