Search This Blog

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Golf Lesson #1

Yesterday was my first golf lesson for the year. I didn't do that great, but not too bad either. He said my back swing looks pretty good, but after that I've got a lot to work on! This week I'm supposed to focus on 3 main things:

1) Keep my head still
2) Follow through with my swing after contact with the ball
3) Close the club face as it strikes the ball

It sounds much simpler than it really is. Especially because I'm also trying to remember to get my approach right, to slow down, to let the club fall into place and not force it, etc. There is so much to learn and remember in this game! But for some reason, I really love it this year. Sky has been hooked for 3 years now I believe, and I have just been trying to get into it for him, but all of a sudden I really want to get good at it!

I didn't do very good on my diet yesterday...at all. I went to Abuelos with one of the girls in the office and then Sky wanted to eat at Steak-n-Shake for dinner. I am going to talk to him tonight about the idea of giving up eating out and maybe even drinking alcohol for a month. I really want to get back to P90X, and I want to be successful. We have also been eating out too much lately, which is way too expensive! We tend to go in spurts and then we pull ourselves back in and get back on track of eating out occasionally instead of regularly. It's time to get back on track again for the diet and the wallet! We'll see what Skyler says...

3 comments:

  1. I like these three points and these are very important enough.
    1) Keep my head still
    2) Follow through with my swing after contact with the ball
    3) Close the club face as it strikes the ball ...Golf cart Calgary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better & good luck if you decide to challenge yourselves to the one month no drinking/dining out. It's been almost two full months of not drinking for us (Saturday) and I thought it would be much harder...now it was hard at the beginning, I love me some red wine:-) We used to drink 3+ nights of the week, so it was a big change for us. For the most part the only dining out we've done since starting is subway. It's hard to go anywhere nice & say no to bread, salad w/high fat dressing, etc. It's been better for the walet too; both changes have:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mentioned it to Sky and he seemed ok with the idea. I think we will get back to good habits next week. We tend to go in spurts of eating out too much, then not eating out much at all for a while. The wallet & waistline really need a spurt of eating at home!!! :)

    ReplyDelete