Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Golfin' Girl

Today was a pretty good day as far as the diet goes. I ate lots of fruits & veggies! All of the fiber made me super bloated though! I had a Fiber One Bar for Breakfast, a Pear for a Morning Snack, Grilled Chicken Stir Fry (not fried) LOADED with Veggies for Lunch, Grapes for Dinner, and some Crackers for an Evening Snack. All I wanted to do when we got done playing golf though was go to JJ's and get an ice cold Corona and a plate of Cheesy Fries with Bacon & Jalapenos...but we didn't! I stuck to the plan and just had a light snack to curb the hunger. I have to weigh in at the Dr.'s office tomorrow and I'm really hoping it doesn't show a weight gain. It might show a 1 pound gain or so though...bummer.

Since I haven't had a chance to practice golf since my last lesson because of the rain lately, I decided to cancel my lesson tonight and practice instead. Sky and I played our lovely 9 hole course here at the apartments. We walked it so I got some pretty decent exercise in. My legs are even a little sore and I'm pretty tired. I am actually improving quite a bit this year. Here's a happy picture of me right after I hit par on one of the holes. Granted, it was only a par 3 hole, 54 yards...haha!

4 comments:

  1. OMG. Jalapeno Cheese Fries and A Corona. YUM.

    Virtual High Five for doing the healthy thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have no problem doing this from the space where you write new posts. Just click on the photo icon above the space where you write your posts, and upload your photo and continue write whatever you want before and after the photo.Also, I have been meaning to ask you - I am going to be doing a series on my blog called "Superstars of the Band" ("SOB Stories") -- featuring bandsters who have reached their goal weight and/or 100 or more pounds. Would you be willing to answer the questions I have compiled? If so, I can email you the questions. I would really appreciate it! We all have so much to learn from you! Watch for the first SOB Story post, hopefully later today...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Generally, you want to - with a combination of calorie reduction and increased activity - reduce and burn a certain number of calories a day, causing a net loss of calories so your body is forced to use its own stores of fat. How much aerobic exercise you need to perform depends on what you eat, how fast you'd like to lose weight, and how much muscle you gain. A pound of fat contains 3500 calories. Men can safely lose around two pounds a week, and women can safely lose around one pound a week. Any more than this and you might be losing more muscle mass than fat. Thus, with a combination of calorie restriction and aerobic exercise, a man should aim to run a 3500-7000 calorie deficit each week, and women should aim for a 1750-3500 calorie deficit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sicilian blood oranges IGP are the main activity of FD of Oranfrizer. The production of blond oranges, clementines, lemons, tangerines and other fruit such as peaches, nectarines, melons, water-melons, pears and prickly-pear fruit are also important.

    ReplyDelete