Search This Blog

Monday, April 5, 2010

Hot Tub for Aching Muscles

P90X Day 3 is officially under my belt! We sat in the hot tub for 10 minutes or so tonight to help loosen our muscles a bit. It worked great while we were in there, but they are back to being stiff again.

FOOD - 1,588 Calories
It feels so weird to type that and be ok with it. I'm so used to aiming for 1,200 calories that this is going to take some adjusting. I am actually pretty hungry right now, but it's way to late to be eating...I just need to go to bed!

I'm so sorry, but I don't have pictures again today! I forgot to take them at breakfast, and now my new memory card isn't fitting in the zip drive that I have, so I'm going to have to figure it out tomorrow hopefully.

Breakfast 8:15am - 470 Calories
Breakfast Burrito with: 1 Light Flatout Bread, 
2.5 oz Breakfast Turkey Sausage, 3 Eggs,
1 oz Reduced Fat Cheddar, & 2 T Salsa

I started getting a little hungry around 11:30, but didn't have a snack because I knew I was about to head home for lunch.

Lunch 12:30 - 553 Calories
Salad with 4 oz Grilled Chicken, 1 oz Craisins,
2 T Feta, 1 oz Pecans with 1/2 T Honey, &
1/4 C Homemade Light Ranch

I was looking forward to my afternoon snack!

Snack 2:30pm - 280 Calories
Snickers Marathon Chocolate Nut Burst Protein Bar

Dinner 5:00pm - 240 Calories
6 oz Baked Chicken with 1 C Green Beans

Dinner wasn't the least bit satisfying! I made one of those new instant rice in a cup's and it was gross!!! It even smelled bad...and I was looking forward to it too! I am not a huge chicken fan, so I'm going to have to learn how to be more creative if I'm going to stick to this diet. I love green beans, but I noticed tonight that the kind I have been getting is super high in sodium: 780mg for 1 cup...yikes! So I will be looking for a low sodium option next time.

I wanted a little treat after I sat down to rest for the night, so I had a small snack.

Snack 9:00pm - 45 Calories
Fruit Popsicle

I drank about 106 oz of water today! I'm hoping that I'm just swollen & retaining water still, because my weight is not going down and it is going to annoy me if that continues.

FITNESS
P90X Day 3: Shoulders & Arms. I skipped the Ab Ripper X because I'm pretty sure if I lay down I might not be able to get back up! haha...not really, but I am so sore and wore out, so I skipped the Abs for today. I might try to make it up on my rest day, we'll see. I was able to do all of the exercises today except for the very last one in the Bonus round; Side Tri Rise. I tried and maybe got 1/2 way up on my right side, but was too spent by then. Pretty successful workout, and I like this video pretty well.

I am so dreading tomorrow! I am always more sore on the second day, so I just know I won't be able to move. And tomorrow is Yoga...boo! I know it's a freakin hardcore video and my legs are so stiff! I bet it will help to loosen me up though if I can just do it!

SUCCESS OF THE DAY
I really wanted to take a glass of wine to the hot tub tonight...but I didn't!!! Look at me go! Have a great day tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Nice work Kelli! Yoga will help you to stretch those sore muscles, so although it's long, you might like that benefit. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try a warm Epsom salt bath to help with muscles.

    ReplyDelete