Search This Blog

Sunday, April 4, 2010

P90X Day 1...Sore Back & Shoulders & Abs...

We started P90X! Yesterday was day one; Chest & Back, & Ab Ripper X. I really didn't love the Chest & Back workout, because I can't do any pull ups and I hate push ups...so go figure! We are both so sore today though. Every time we lift our arms or try to sit up from laying down we complain...it's a good sore though! I could only complete maybe 1/3 of the Ab video, because I was already spent by the time I got to it. I definitely look forward to seeing some improvement over the next 90 days! I wonder if I will ever be able to do a pull up though???

We did good on the diet part all day yesterday until we met his parents in MO for dinner. They wanted to take us to a new restaurant they like, and guess what...the only 2 options were wings or burgers! So, we didn't do so great with dinner. I did however make myself skip the ice cream that I was craving all night!

I was glad to have day one under my belt for sure...but the diet part is very time consuming. I'm hoping I get quicker at it, but it was kind of stressful to track all of the components. I have taken my before pictures and measurements, and will wait to post them next month to have something to compare them to. I weighed in at 181...yikes! I've gained a few back, but I'm not too worried because it is just from eating anything and everything I wanted the past couple of weeks since I knew I was about to crack down again. 1 down, 89 to go...wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Dinner in Mo -- assuming Missouri -- is never small or healthy. Way to skip the ice cream though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Missouri...and considering the only time we go is to see family or friends...it is never healthy eating there for us!

    ReplyDelete