Search This Blog

Thursday, May 20, 2010

NEW Weight!!!

Yep! It's True! I officially hit a new number on the scale for the first time in over 3 months!!! 173.8! I got down to 174 point something this winter, but I've finally broken that boundary! I think it's finally clicking with me again...I have just had an easier time dealing with my struggles this week! I just have to stay focused and keep it going. I'm pretty motivated now though...so I think I'm back on track again! Thank God! Swim suit season is knocking on the door!

So here's what I have been doing the last few months that I have to avoid:
Monday's I weigh in after a less than perfect weekend and am disappointed in myself so I decide, this is the week...I'm gonna get back on track. I eat good Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday. By Thursday my weight is back down again. I feel proud, and cocky, and like I deserve a break. Usually by Thursday I am tired so I treat myself to a less than ideal dinner. Then Friday rolls around. My weight is still in line (meaning not as high as it was on Monday). I go to my usual lunch at Abuelo's, then come home after a long week and have a couple of beers, and eat whatever the hell I feel like. Then it's the weekend. So Saturday & Sunday I have an F-it attitude and eat/drink what I want. I of course avoid the scale on those days. By the time Monday rolls back around, I'm ashamed and step on the scale to see the damage. And so the cycle continues! Not this week though!!!

I haven't beaten myself up over it too much because I was still maintaining in the high 170's to low 180's. But I was becoming discouraged because I knew I still had plenty of weight to lose. This week, it somehow clicked and I beat that stupid number and I feel pretty empowered.

Earlier this week I read Annie's post about being honest with herself, and it really struck a chord with me. I have known for the past 3 months what my problem was. I know why I haven't been losing weight. I spend my weeks just doing enough to maintain. I haven't been doing what it takes to lose. So it's not really fair for me to bitch about not losing weight, when I know why I'm not. In all fairness, I was ok with a stand still for a while. I was tired of dieting, and it felt good to just not think about it constantly. But I have been feeling pretty antsy to get back at it the last few weeks, and I really just needed that push to get me motivated again.

I really think/hope that seeing a new pound was just what I needed. I'm a bit nervous because my sister's are coming down for the weekend which usually means junk food and wine (for the two of us that are over 21). But I think we will be good this time! Laura has been losing weight too and also hit a new number this morning, so we both have tons of motivation to not slip up. We are going to go to a couple of restaurants while they are here, but we have already decided it will be for lunches and we will SHARE so that we don't over-indulge. And like I've mentioned before, she is a work-out-aholic so she can't wait to have me limping around in pain!

It is going to be very difficult (if not impossible) to hit my goal weight of 140 by August, but I'm going to try my darndest. I can at least get really close if I stay focused and get back to making smarter choices. I haven't been counting calories this week, just being smart. I think I'm gonna go with that for a while and see if it can keep working. Counting calories always helps to keep me honest, but it also just pisses me off because it takes so much time. Wish me luck! I need this to be the time I get back on the diet wagon until I reach my goal!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kelli -
    Its awesome that you've been able to identify your pattern and that you've made the decision to put a stop to it! Good job!

    The weekends are the death of me too. But we're getting our head back in the game and here we come bikini's! Whoop Whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new weight!!!!!!

    Keep up the hard work and sooner or later - you will hit that 140!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it Kelli! Just think you'll be in the 160's in no time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it!!!! 140 is the best feeling in the world to me; you'll love it when you get there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys! I can't wait to get into the 160's! I haven't seen them since 2006 shortly after our wedding. And I really think I'll look and feel great at 140! I won't be super skinny, but just right I think!

    Diz - is 140 your happy weight too? How tall are you! It's been so long since I've been there, I'm having to judge based on memory and what I think will be good for me.

    ReplyDelete