Search This Blog

Thursday, June 17, 2010

HCG

Has anybody heard of the HCG diet? I heard about it for the first time tonight. A girl I know has lost 60 pounds on it so far and she was telling me stories of her family and friends that have done the same. Most people lose an average of a pound a day while on it. Now I realize it's not the smartest way to lose weight...but I'm wondering if it's worth it to just get the weight off and then work towards eating right and exercising to maintain. If it were to work for me...I could be at my goal weight in like 6 weeks! I'm still reading about it and have some of Skyler's female nurse friends checking into it for me. But let me know what you think if you've heard about it.

Like any 'fad' type diet, I worry about gaining the weight back after I get off of it because there's no way it's a long term lifestyle. However I have lost my first 50 pounds with the help of Phentermine, and I have been able to maintain it for several months now. Like I said, I'm thinking if after I get the weight off I can pick up the exercise again to help with maintaining. OK, these are my thoughts so far...I'm interested to see what you think!

3 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of it, but question anything that's not natural. If you look back on any of these fad diets, have any of them really worked for long-term results and are still popular? Didn't the Atkin's Dr. die of a heart attack? Just saying...Part of the ability to maintain after weight loss is that it was hard as crap to get there in the first place, but that is ONLY my opinion and I'm not the know all, be all. I'd be curious to hear Sky's colleagues opinions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had about 6 close friends do it- all have gained the weight back and 3 of them told me NOT to do it because it jacks up your metabolism; the three that I've talked to about it have said that it wasn't worth it.

    That being said, there is a girl at my church who is doing it right now and has lost 60 pounds and I heard her say the other day that she has another 40 to lose or something. She's a big girl, but 100 pounds shocked me. I had no idea she needed to lose that much. She actually looks pretty good right now. (When I said she's big- I mean she's tall too) Anyway, I'm keeping a close eye on her to see if she gains any of the weight back after she's done because I'm curious about it as well. All of my friends that I just mentioned that did it lost under 50 pounds; they weren't heavy enough to lose 100+ pounds. So it might be more effective for people with larger amounts to lose (That's what I'm trying to get at anyway). Now I'm rambling, so I'll stop. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina - so far Sky's mom & one of his co workers both think it's completely safe. Not to say they know for sure...but based on their research so far.

    Thanks for the info Diz! I do worry a bit about the be able to maintain part...but I feel like I will be able to do it if I put my mind to it. I am thinking upon completion (if I actually do the diet) to follow up with a good work out routine to get my butt in shape and to make sure I maintain.

    We'll see. I know it's completely risky and pretty much stupid to think it is a good idea. I don't believe in fad diets. However, I am intrigued by this one. Oh joy for human nature!

    ReplyDelete